Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My final parallel of the day for me (before our 'graveyard' slot) was by Julie Andrews (not the one of Mary Poppins or the Sound of Music fame) from Manchester presenting on the benefits to staff and students of online formative and summative assessment (so I had to attend, naturally). Eee, and I'm glad I did. Slide no.2: Why should we be thinking about incorporating more assessment and feedback into learning and teaching? And I was referenced on the slide, and Julie said 'I'd given a great talk earlier in the week'. Yes, me on a University of Manchester slide. Highlight of the presentation. Nothing more worth mentioning/hadn't heard before/hadn't written about - benefits of online formative assessment, good reasons for online summative assessment, and how to get staff buy-in. Oh, and she overran into our joint session ...

No comments: